Sunday 21 February 2010

My favourite things....

The kids have been home for half-term this week so I am running late on all my challenges. To be honest I was going to have a week out but my MIL and FIL took the girls out unexpectedly yesterday so Mum got a little relaxation time :-)

This card is for our current challenge over at the Wags 'n Whiskers blog where our wonderful designer Jacqui is asking you to use your favourite things - this could be favourite colours, embellishments, charms etc...

The sweet image on my card is a new release stamp Bedtime Story. She is coloured with my favourite medium - Prismacolor pencils with sansodor and paper stump to blend. My other favourites are Cosmo Cricket papers (these are from the new Material girl stack), gorgeous little Prima mini roses and 8mm flat back pearls in new golden yellow. I stamped in my favourite ink Memento and distressed the edges with VersaMagic Jumbo Java chalk. Thanks for the great challenge Jacqui!

If you don't have any Wags 'n Whiskers, then it's time to go shopping!!!. Be sure to check out the amazing samples from the rest of the Wags 'n Whiskers designers. We hope you can play along with us!

Have a wonderful Sunday!

bedtimestoryclose

32 comments:

Gwendolyn said...

I love the colouring, it is very pretty! And I love the roses!

Maria Therese said...

Your card is gorgeous Nikki!!

Nannieflash said...

Wow what a fabulous card, love the papers and the image is so beautifully coloured. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Kat said...

This is lovely Nikki. What a sweet image and I love the DP.

Kat x

Jacqueline (Sjakkie) said...

Gorgeous card Nikki! The image is lovely and the colours are wonderful.
Hugs Jacqueline

COCO said...

oh nikki your card is very fantastic and very nice image !!!
hugs coco

Tasha said...

Wonderful card Nikki, love the paper and the cutie image. Love the sentiment it looks fab on the spotty paper. Great colours too
love tasha xx

Tracey said...

This is gorgeous Nikki! Such a sweet image!! xx

Hannah - Mary P said...

The flowers are so pretty.

Agnes van Hensbergen - agnesstampcards said...

Beautiful ,love youre coloring.
Big hugs Agnesxx

Niki Estes said...

Adorable card, Nikki! I love that image and the patterned papers are perfect!

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Good evening Nikki, wow what a fabulous card hunny. Glad you have got some me time. Ive loved the half term week and the lazy mornings. Not looking forward to the school run on tuesday! enjoy your evening hugs Linda x

Stacey said...

Ooh, these papers are SO on my wish list! I love how you have used them on this card and the layout is fab -♥-

Kirsty said...

Great crd Nikki I ove the colours xx

Helen F. said...

Such a sweet image ~ I just love how you colored it, all the beautiful elements and the DP you used. Great card, Nikki!

Shelly said...

Hi! This is such a cute stamp, and you've used fabulous colours! This just jumps off the card!
Hugs Shelly ;)

dpkennedy said...

Very sweet Nikki! Glad you got some rest! I can't wait until the kids go back to school tomorrow! I'm exhausted!!

Sharon Caudle said...

LOVE this card, Nikki!! The colors are so bright and fun, the papers are deliciously yummy, your coloring is always fantastic, and the flowers are perfect! I love it! hugs!

Emma said...

Adorable card Nikki, love the image and papers.
Hugs Emma x

debby4000 said...

Adorable sweet card Nikki.
luv
Debby

Mary J said...

Hello Nikki! She is sooo cute - and your colouring is amazing! (as usual!)

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card Nikki,This is such a cute little Image with this beautiful DP,Hugs Debbie x

Lacey Stephens said...

Gorgeous card, Nikki!! So glad you had some time to "play"!! It can't be work all the time!
~Lacey

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Nikki,i love your image and papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Eija said...

Just lovely! You are a very skilled in coloring and also using different kind on papers.
Have a nice week!

Darla said...

Great card, sweet image, love the embellishments and colours.

Kelly Schelske said...

She is so cute Nikki! Love this one!

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous card Nikki. Love the way you've coloured the adorable image and pretty details to. Hugs Michele x

Lim said...

Gorgeous card Nikki. I love the coloring and this image is sooo adorable and cute.
Hugs,
LIM

Lia said...

wonderful card Nikki, I love the stamp she's so cute when she's reading the book
hugs Lia

6 wacky women said...

Awesome card, Nikki
Love the papers, your flowers are fabulous!!

Hugs
Karen x

Georgia said...

Ooh, gorgeous card Nikki - I love the pearls and flowers and such a cute image, I really like how you've coloured her! :)
Love, Georgia xx